Gazebos Hat Kit
This product is sold out
Our Hats Off 2020 challenge continues with this - our July hat. Gazebos is a beanie featuring the Gazebos of Ware knitted in stranded colourwork. We have used Stylecraft Life DK for this pattern - its texture is great for colourwork and it's mix of 75% Acrylic / 25% Wool makes it warm and hard-wearing. The Gazebos are delightful little buildings were mostly built in the 18th and 19th centuries by merchants wanting some respite from their hectic lives in this busy market town. They must have been lovely, peaceful retreats.
The hat is made using stranded colourwork, i.e. you carry the yarn that you are not currently knitting with across the back of your work. However, with straight edges, like with the gazebos, it can be difficult to prevent gaps. So, at these points we suggest you twist the two yarns together on alternate rows. The windows are embroidered on after knitting is complete. Worked flat, this hat is suitable for an adventurous beginner.
This kit contains
- 1 printed copy of Happy Debs pattern - Gazebos hat
- 1 ball of Stylecraft Life DK - 100g in colourway Cascade (2308)
- 3 mini balls of the contrast colours - 15-20g of each of Gorse Nepp (2337), White (2300) and Copper (2312)
- A small amount of grey yarn for the emboidery.
You will also need:
- 3.25mm and 4mm knitting needles
Yarn Weight: DK
Composition: 25% wool, 75% acrylic
Ball Weight: 100g
Needles: 4mm (US 6)
- Machine Wash - 40C
- Dry Clean
- Cool Iron
- Cool Tumble Dry